September 16, 2019
The American Ultimate Disc League convened for their annual owners meeting this past weekend in Dallas, TX to discuss and strategize the upcoming 2020 AUDL season. From September 13-15, representatives from all 21 AUDL franchises prioritized a series of league initiatives that focused on expanding team marketing campaigns, improving the new AUDL.TV platform, updating ethical standards, and investing in next generation stats.
Here is a quick list of topics covered:
- Developing specific, localized marketing plans for each team in the league
- Reviewing and updating gender equity initiatives surrounding Eurostars, the Premier Ultimate League, the West Women's League, and other local events specific to individual teams
- Updating and standardizing broadcast requirements for AUDL.TV in 2020, and integrating the platform with the Roku app for increased streaming options
- Brief from racial and cultural inclusion group. Provide teams with a complete list of Title 1 schools in each team’s city, including contact and resources for working with schools
- New statistical standards, including real time updates, and the implementation of yardage tracking for every AUDL game in 2020, as seen at 2019 Championship Weekend
- Former Toronto Rush legend Mark Lloyd has been hired as the league's new Director of Partner Accounts.
- Centralize all referee and official training in 2020, including providing increased video breakdown and review
- League financial update