The AUDL is seeking a few more referees to round out the Tampa Bay crew for the 2019 season. This is not a volunteer activity; rather, each home game will yield a paycheck, with the opportunity to earn more money over time based on seniority and experience. This is an opportunity to get paid while having an active role in a sport you greatly enjoy.
The first step would be to fill out this short Survey: https://docs.google.com/…/1FAIpQLSeqBi3kY7Wg lw5…/viewform…
This will help us stay organized, and will help us make sure we provide appropriate training for the job. After you complete the survey, we will get in touch with you regarding the 2019 Cannons’ Combine event and future training events. The next step would be to attend the combine and future training events. That’s it! We’ve included a few questions below that are frequently asked:
- Q: Do I need to have experience observing USAU matches and/or have other experience as a referee?
- A: No! A basic understanding of the rules of ultimate and the ability to move up/down the field to make calls is all you need.
- Q: Do I need to attend the combine?
- A: It is encouraged, as this is where we will have a framework in place for the training we will provide. If you can’t make that weekend, but are willing to make other training events, that would be fine.
- Q: What if I am interested, but I don’t want to commit to being a referee just yet?
- A: Please complete the survey, and come to the training events. If you don’t want to be a referee after the training, we won’t try to guilt you into it, we promise!
- Q: Do I really get paid? Is there really a seniority pay increase?
- A: Yes and Yes! Thanks,
Boe Quisenberry (Just another AUDL referee)